Monday, November 22, 2010

Mother Goose Birthday Party

So I should have done this so very long ago.
Pictures and details of Conrad's first Birthday party. I decided that I wanted to do a humpty dumpty cake and that I would stick with the Mother Goose theme for the rest of the party.

The Cake:
The wall was made out of chocolate and white, brick layed of course. The egg is a simple, dense white cake, all covered with fondant.


 The party table in the next three pictures. I tried to keep it all in theme.



 Peter Piper Pickle and Olive Platter

 Three Blind Mice Cheese and Crackers

Humpty Dumpty Egg Salad Sandwiches

Old Mother Hubbard "dog bones" aka pretzels

 The cow jumped over the moon cake balls (these were carrot cake)
I also made This little piggy roast beef pinwheels, and we had Hickory Dickory Dock Soda Pop, and Jack and Jill Water. I also had a picture of the dish running away with the spoon along side the dishes.

 Con was not sure what to do with a cake all to himself. He kept waiting to get told no! Big sister was a big help in showing him how to blow out his candle.

Still waiting to be told no, even though dad showed him how to dig in

 and of course opening presents, he had that down in no time flat!

I did not get pictures of the activites that I had for the kids. I put together a coloring book full of pictures from some of the well known nursery rhymes. The kids actually really enjoyed figuring out the words to go along with the pictures.

Then, I bought about four bags of cotton balls at the local dollar store, and printed full size pictures of lambs, and they got to glue the cotton onto "Mary's" little lamb. It was a great project to keep the kiddo's entertained. 

The party was only about two hours long, and it was perfect. I could not have had a better day celebrating the birth of my precious son.


2 comments:

  1. I love this! Thanks for sharing :) What a perfect theme for a one year old. I would love to feature this! I don't have an opening until Jan 3rd. I will e-mail you when it gets closer. Thanks!

    Stacy@ The Birthday Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your party will post in the morning!

    ReplyDelete